第 五 章 介 词
1、简单介词由一个单词组成。如：about; before; for
2、复合介词由两个单词组成。如：onto; into; upon; inside
3、短语介词由一个词组构成。如：except for; because of
Can you write in English?你能用英语写吗？（状语）
They are playing basketball on the playground. 他们在操场上打篮球。（状语）
The people on the bus are singing. 公共汽车上的人正在唱歌。（定语）
The boy in front of the desk is Bill. 书桌前那个男孩是比尔。（定语）
The machine is out of date. 这机器过时了。（表语）
They are at table. 他们在进餐。（表语）
We consider education of great importance. 我们认为教育很重要。（宾语补足语）
These machines must be kept in good condition. 这些机器一定要维护好。（主语补足语）
五、常见常考词语：according to根据……；agree on在……达成一致意见；agree to同意某人的计划；agree with同意某人的话；at night在夜晚；at one's own expense自费；apart from除去；at table在就餐；at the beginning of起初、开始；at the end of在……尽头、在终点；at the foot of在……的脚下；at the head of在……的前面；at the mercy of在……支配下；at the table坐在桌旁；at times有时；be made from用……制作（看不出原料）；be made into制成……；be made of用……制作（看得出原料）；be made up of由……组成；be strict with对……要求严格；be tired of讨厌……；be up to该……；because of因为、由于；but for要不是；by means of以……方式；by the side of在……附近；damage to损坏……；except for除……之外（接短语）；except that除……之外（接从句）；from…to…从……到……；give sb. a hand with sth. 帮助某人做某事；in addition另外；in charge of主管、负责；in common共同的、共有的；in favor of对……有处； in front of在……前面；in honour of为向……表示敬意、为了纪念……；in need of需要；in praise of称赞、歌颂；in return报答、作……的报酬；in (one's) search for寻找、寻求；in search of寻找；in spite of尽管、不顾；in terms of按……说法；in the hope of怀着……的期望；in the night在夜晚；in the wall在墙上；in the way挡路；in time及时；in turn轮流；instead of代替、而不是；keep records of sth. 记录……；little by little一点一点地；make notes of sth. 记笔记；name after依……取名；of+抽象名词；off the coast离海岸；on a night在某一个夜晚；on a visit to去……参观/拜访；on account of因为；on occasion偶尔；on purpose故意地；on the point of正要……的时候；on top of在……上面；on time准时；one after another一个接一个；one by one一个一个地；sell sth. for…卖……换……；step by step逐步地；thank sb. for因……感谢某人；thanks to由于、幸亏；under discussion正在讨论之中；up and down上上下下；with的复合结构
1. Egypt is famous ____ its pyramids. 【1983】
A. of B. in C. aboutD. for
2. How are you getting along ____ your studies? 【1984】
A. over B. with C. on D. within
3. Your new suit will be ready ____ two days. 【1985】
A. in B. on C. for D. over
4. Do you know any other foreign language ____ English? 【1985】
A. except B. but C. beside D. besides
5. ____ his wife his daughter also went to see him. 【1986】
A. Beside B. Besides C. Except D. Except for
6. —What are you doing?
—I am looking ____ the children. They should be back for lunch now. 【1986】
A. after B. at C. for D. up
7. He decided to visit the family ____ Friday night. 【1987】
A. on B. at C. in D. over
8. He suddenly returned ____ a rainy night. 【1988】
A. on B. at C. in D. during
9. Does John know any other foreign language ____ French? 【1989】
A. except B. but C. besides D. beside
10. The doctor will be free ____ . 【1992】
A. 10 minutes later B. after 10 minutes C. in 10 minutes D. 10 minutes after
11. If you keep on，you'll succeed ____ . 【1993】
A. in time B. at one time C. at the same time D. on time
12. We offered him our congratulations ____ his passing the college entrance exams. 【1993】
A. at B. of C. for D. on
13. —How long has this bookshop been in business?
— ____ 1982. 【1994】
A. After B. In C. FromD. Since
14. Don't all speak at once! ____ ，please. 【1994】
A. Each at one time B. One by one time C. One for each time D. One at a time.
15. The train leaves at 6: 00 pm. So I have to be at the station ____ 5: 40 pm at the latest. 【1997】
A. until B. after C. by D. around
16. Your performance in the driving test didn’t reach the required standard— _____，you failed. 【1999】
A. in the end B. after all C. in other words D. at the same time
17. I don’t think I’ll need any money but I’ll bring some ____. 【2000】
A. at last B. in case C. once again D. in time
18. ____ the general state of his health，it may take him a while to recover from the operation. 【2000春】
A. Given B. To give C. Giving D. Having given
19. ____ production up by 60%，the company has had another excellent year. 【2000】
A. As B. For C. With D. Through
20. The home improvements have taken what little there is ____ my spare time. 【2001】
A. of B. inC. from D. at
21. —What do you want____ those old boxes?
—To put things in when I move to the new flat. 【京2002】
A. by B. for C. of D. with
22. They had a pleasant chat ____ a cup of coffee. 【京2003】
A. for B. with C. during D. over
1. I’m looking after Tom today. He’s been at my house ____ 8:00 this morning.
A. since B. for C. at D. till
2. Britain has recently had a high level of unemployment——but the same is true ____ many other countries.
A. at B. from C. of D. to
3. —Can you tell me all about the earthquake?
—Sorry，I know nothing about it ____ I read in the newspaper.
A. except B. except for C. except what D. except that
4. I am anxious about what notes he made in the back of his diary ____ things to mend or replace.
A. by B. inC. with D. of
5. The message was written in the sand ____ a stick.
A. through B. from C. by D. with
6. Books are the most important records we keep____ man’s thoughts，ideas and feelings.
A. up B. of C. for D. on
7. —These boxes are too heavy for me to move.
—Here，I’ll give you a hand ____ them.
A. for B. to C. with D. by
8. The trees in that thick forest are so close together that there is hardly any room to move____ them.
A. betweenB. inC. among D. across
9. We held a football match ____ Class 1 and Class 5 last semester.
A. with B. among C. betweenD. by
10. My parents will show us a film projector for our party. Let’s sit____ the table and have a look.
A. on B. near C. round D. about
11. Three ____ four people believe that having healthy teeth is very important.
A. by B. from C. out of D. to
12. Can you mend my coat，Mom? It caught ____ a nail____ the wall.
A. on; in B. on; on C. in; on D. in; in
13. ____ a dark night，they took the sick boy to the hospital. And after an hour’s curing，the boy was out of danger very soon.
A. With B. At C. On D. In
14. ____ only 20 minutes to go before the train left，I felt uneasy in the taxi to the railway station.
A. For B. As C. Because D. With
15. I wonder what will be left ____ the buildings in Iraq after the war. As far as I know，____ have been destroyed.
A. off; those B. of; manyC. for; not a few D. for; ones
16. There are many beautiful islands ____ the east coast of the country.
A. off B. along C. on D. from
17. The boy used the stick，____ sharpened，as a pencil to write with.
A. the end is B. the end of which C. whose end D. with its end
18. ____ the end of last term，everybody here in the school，I think，has taken at least eight math tests.
A. By B. Since C. At D. From
19. During the ten-day vacation，they traveled to France ____ their own expense.
A. on B. with C. at D. in
20. Mr Smith sold that magnificent cottage of his on the sea ____ 2，000，000 dollars.
A. in B. for C. to D. by
21. The customer bargained with the shopkeeper for a long time，and finally they agreed ____ the price.
A. to B. with C. on D. at
22. If it was not an accident，he must have done it ____.
A. on purpose B. in common C. on occasion D. in time
23. In 2001 the Chinese people were always in high spirits，for pieces of exciting news came to China ____.
A. step by step B. one by one C. little by little D. one after another
24. The judge scolded the lawyer because he didn’t keep his remarks to the topic ____ discussion.
A. on B. within C. at D. under
25. While ____ a visit to Jiangsu Province，she learned of the need for a machine that could clean cotton.
A. of B. above C. on D. for
26. Washington，a state in the United States，was named ____ one of the greatest American presidents.
A. in honor of B. in support of C. in place of D. in favor of
27. The accident was my fault，so I had to pay for the damage____ the other car.
A. of B. at C. to D. on
28. ____ the Hope Project，many children have returned to their schools.
A. Thanks to B. Thank C. Thank for D. To think
29. Our teachers are all good____ us. They are all good____ teaching and their teaching are good____ us all.
A. for; at; to B. at; to; forC. to; at; for D. to; in; for
30. Bamboo，a special kind of grass，can be made____ chairs，tables curtains and some other things.
A. up of B. from C. of D. into
31. After two hours，they were tired____ picking cotton and had a____.
A. of; stop B. with; break C. for; rest D. at; pause
32. —What’s the weather forecast____ tomorrow?
—Sorry. I don’t know.
A. for B. to C. with D. of
33. Some plants can take in carbon dioxide (二氧化碳)we breathe out and give ____ oxygen to us.
A. in case B. in turn C. in returnD. in addition
34. I have just come in to see if I can be ____ any assistance to them.
A. with B. on C. at D. of
35. —Shall we go and help them with their work?
—We’d better not. They said we’d just be____ if we tried to help.
A. in the way B. by the way C. on the way D. off the way
36. Our teacher is strict____ us. He never allows us to write____ carelessly.
A. with; that B. with; such so C. to; such D. to; so
37. I certainly agree ____ your proposal. But I wonder if we two and the other members of the board will agree____ the steps for the coming year.
A. to; with B. to; on C. on; with D. on; on
38. Several primary schools and factories were renamed ____ him.
A. from B. with C. after D. by
39. I haven’t seen you for a couple of days. What have you been up____?
A. in B. to C. with D. for
40. I feel sure that ____ qualification，ability and experience，you are abundantly suited to the position we have in mind.
A. in terms of B. on account of C. in spite of D. by means of
41. The room was never much used，____ occasional visitors.
A. instead of B. so far as C. such as D. except for
42. You don’t agree with me now，I know. But____ you’ll see I’m right.
A. on time B. in time C. at times D. all the time
43. Xiao’s husband gave all of his wages to his wife，____ some pocket money for cigarettes.
A. except for B. rather than C. and yet D. but for
高考试题归类：DBADB CAACC ADDDC CBACA DD
能力过关检测：ACCDD BCACC CACDB ADBCB CADDC ACACD
BACDA ABCBA DBA