The book is known to us. 这本书为我们所熟悉。（主语）
That is his book. 那是他的书。（表语）
We all know the book. 我们都知道那本书。（宾语）
We all know the book “English
That he always serves the people very well is known to us. 他经常为人民服务做得很好的事为我们所知晓。（主语从句）
That is how he serves the people. 那就是他怎样为人民服务的。（表语从句）
We all know that he serves the people very well. 我们都知道他为人民服务做得很好。（宾语从句）
We all know the fact that he serves the people very well. 我们都知道他为人民服务做得好这个事实。（同位语）
（2）连接代词who谁（主语），whom谁（宾格）; whose谁的（所有格）; which（哪一个）; what什么，所……的，除起到连接作用外，还在从句中作主语、宾语、定语。
（3）连接副词when 什么时候; ……的时候; where什么地方; ……的地方; how 怎样，如何，……的方法; why 什么; ……的原因，除起连接作用外，还在从句中作状语。
（4）引导表语从句的从属连词还有as if/as though/because等。
4、whether / if引导名词性从句时，引导宾语从句时，一般情况下两者可以换用。但注意下列情况下有所不同：
Whether he will join us won't make too much difference. 他加不加入我们一起没多大关系。
Whether he will be able to come is still a question. 他能不能来还是个问题。
（2）if后面不能直接加or not，如不能说：I don't care if or not you can break down. 我不在乎你的身体是否会垮下来。但可以说：I don't care if /whether you can break down or not.
It depends on whether he is ready. 此事在于他是否已准备好。
I'm not interested in whether you'll come or not. 我对你是来还是不来不感兴趣。
The question whether he'll come is essential. 他会不会来的问题很重要。
The question is whether he will come. 问题是他是否会来。
Tell me if it isn't going to rain. 告诉我天会不会下雨。
He considered if he shouldn't tell her the secret. 他考虑是否应当把这秘密告诉她。
Let me know whether he has left for
Let me know if he has left for
It is certain that he will come. 显而易见他会来。
It is well known that
It is still a question whether he will be able to come. 他能不能来仍是个问题。
It doesn’t matter who will do it. 谁来做这事并不重要。
It is not known yet when the meeting will be held. 会议何时召开现在还不清楚。
It is necessary that we should recite as many poems as possible. 对我们而言，背诵尽可能多的诗歌是很必要的。
It is a pity that you have missed the film. 你错过了这场电影真是可惜。
It is not decided when the project will begin. 项目何时开始还没有决定。
What he said gave me great confidence. 他所说的给了我很大信心。
What we have achieved is only the first step in a long march of the ten thousand Li. 我们所取得的成功只是万里长征迈出了第一步。
Whoever is tired may rest. 哪个累了就可以休息一下。
a、It is/was＋n. ＋主语从句：It is a fact that……事实是……；It is good news that……是好消息……；It is a good thing that……是好事情……
b、It is/was+ adj. +主语从句：It is clear that……很清楚……；It is necessary that……有必要……；It is important that……重要的是……；It is possible that……可能……
c、It is/was+过去分词+主语从句：It is said/reported/recorded that……据说/报道/记载……；It must be pointed out that……必须指出……；It has been proved that……业已证明……；It will be seen that……可以看出……；It is well known that……众所周知……
d、It + vi. +主语从句：It seems/happened/turns out /follows that……好象是、碰巧、结果、由此可见……
The whole nation was plunged into deep sorrow at the news that Abraham Lincoln was murdered at a theatre. 全国人民听到亚伯拉罕·林肯在一家剧院被谋杀的消息都陷入悲痛之中。（同位语从句）
The news that you heard is not true. 你听到的消息不是真的。（定语从句）
（2）引导定语从句的关系词 that 在定语从句中又充当某个成分，相当于先行词在句中充当某个成分，而连接同位语从句的that 在从句中不充当任何成分。如：
The fact (that we talked about) is very important. 我们谈论的那个事实非常重要。（句中that充当从句中介词about的宾语，相当于we talked about the fact，所以that we talked about为定语从句。）
The fact that he succeeded in the experiment pleased everybody. 他实验取得成功的事实使人人都很高兴。（句中that在从句中不充当任何成分，所以从句that he succeeded in experiment为同位语从句。）
I still remember the day when (on the day) I first came here. 我还记得我第一次到这的日子。（定语从句）
I have no idea when she will be back. 我不知他会什么时候回来。（同位语从句）
That is the house where (in the house) Li Ming was born. 那就是李明出生于其中的房子。（定语从句）
That arose the question where we should go. 那引出了我们该去哪儿的问题。（同位语从句）
I don't know the reason why (for the reason) she was absent. 我不知道她为何没来的原因。（定语从句）
He has solved the question why he is ill. 他已解决了他为何生病的原因。（同位语从句）
You have no idea how worried I was. 你不知道我是多么着急。（同位语从句）
She heard a terrible noise，which brought her heart into her mouth. 她听到一声巨响，（这使她）心都跳到嗓子眼上来了。
The weather turned out to be very good，which was more than we could expect. 天气转好了，比我们所盼望的还好。
Dorothy was always speaking highly of her role in the play，which，of course，made the others unhappy. 多罗茜总是对自已在剧中所扮演的角色评价很高，这自然使其他人不高兴。
China Daily is also popular with students of English，who read it in order to improve their English. 学英语的学生也非常喜欢《中国日报》，他们读这报纸是为了提高他们的英语水平。
Yesterday I borrowed a good book，whose name is Robinson Crusoe. 昨天我借了一本好书，书名叫《鲁滨孙飘流记》。
In this film he added some pop songs，which were written by himself. 在这部影片里，他配上了一些流行歌曲，这些歌曲都是他自己写的。
He has bought lots of story books，some of which are very useful. 他买了许多故事书，其中有些非常有用。
There are 45 students in our class，most of whom are from the country. 班上有45名学生，大部分来自乡下。
Is there anything that I can do for you?有事需要我帮忙吗？
Finally the thief handed everything that he had stolen to police. 最后小偷将所偷的一切都交给了警察。
All that is needed is a supply of oil. 所需要的一切只是油料。
And then I watched all the glasses that were on the table fall off onto the floor. 接着，我看到桌上所有的杯子都摔落到地板上。
This is the most exciting match that I have ever watched. 这是我所看到的最令人激动的比赛。
He is the best one that can finish the task. 他是最好的能完成这件任务的人。
（4）先行词为序数词或被序数词以及the only; the very; the last等修饰时。如：
This is the first step that can be taken. 这是可以采取的第一个步骤。
This is the only way that I could find. 这是我能找到的唯一的办法。
He is the very man that set up a new record. 他正是那个创新纪录的人。
They are talking about the school and teachers that they visited the other day. 他们正在谈论他们那天所探望的学校和老师们。
Who is the woman that is talking with John?正在和约翰谈话的那个人是谁？
He is quite different from the man that he used to be.他与过去的他很不同了。
This is the dictionary that was bought in the bookshop yesterday.这就是昨天在书店买的字典。
There are four desks in the middle of the office that are used for the teachers.办公室中央有四张桌子供老师们使用。
Galileo built a telescope through which he could study the skies.伽利略制作了一台望远镜，通过望远镜他可以研究天体。
Football, which is a very interesting game, is played all over the world.足球是一种很有趣味的运动，全世界都玩足球。
What's that which flashed in the sky just now?刚才在天空中闪烁的是什么东西？
That which you borrowed from me wasn't a real diamond necklace. 你从我这儿借走的那条（项链）并不是一条真正的钻石项链。
Here is the English grammar book which, as I have told you, will help to improve your English.这就是英语语法书，正如我给你讲的，它会帮你提高英语成绩。
（1）先行词为those, one（指人时），ones, anyone, people, all(指人)时，宜用关系代词who。如：
People all like those who have good manners.人们都喜欢那些有礼貌的人。
Professor Wang is coming soon who will give us a talk on how to learn English.王教授很快就会来了，他将给我们作一次关于如何学习英语的报告。
We'd better not believe in anyone who we don't know.我们最好不好信任任何我们不认识的人。
Mr Smith came to visit my family who were watching TV then.史密斯先生来看望我们一家人，当时大家在看电视。
The family (that/which) I'm staying with lives in town.我所住的那个家庭生活在城里。
Our class, which is a very good one, was praised again at the meeting.我们的班是一个大班，在会上又一次受到表扬。
The aunt who came to see us last week is my father's sister.上星期来看我们的阿姨是我姑姑。
He opposed the idea，as/which could be expected. 正如所料，他反对这个想法。
They have invited me to dinner，which/as is very kind of them. 他们真好，邀请我去参加宴会。
He didn't mean any harm，as/which I realized. 他并没有恶意，这一点我认识到了。
He seemed a foreigner，as/which in fact he was. 他看上去像一位外国人，事实上他确实是的。
as we have seen/know就（正如）我们所见（知）；
as is well known众所周知；
as has been said before如前所述
As has been said before，grammar is not a set of dead rules. 如前所述，语法并不是一套死板的规定。（不能用which）
As anybody can see，great changes have taken place in the village. 有目共睹的是乡村已经发生了翻天覆地的变化。
（3）形式不同。as作关系代词还可用于the same. . . as，such. . . as,so…as等结构中，而which作关系代词不能用在上述结构中，但有时可用which引导的从句来改写。如：
Here is such a big stone as no one can lift. =Here is a big stone which no one can lift. 这是那么大的一块石头，没人能搬得动。
She wears the same kind of clothes as her younger sister. 她穿着和你妹妹所穿的一样的衣服。
He married her，which was disgraceful（=shameful）. 他娶了她，这真令人作呕。(不能说：He married her，as was disgraceful. )
I didn't like the way (that/in which) he looked at me.我不喜欢他看着我的方式。
I will never forget the first time (that/when) I taught English.我永远忘不了我第一次都英语的时候。
Carl still remembers one afternoon in his first year when the professor took the students to the chemistry lab. 卡尔仍然记得一年级时教授带学生到化学实验室去的那个下午的情景。
In 1975 he returned to Dublin，the capital of the Irish Republic，where he formed his own pop group. 1975年他回到了爱尔兰共和国的首都——都柏林，组织了他自己的流行歌唱队。
There are thousands of stars in the sky that are like our sun. 天空中有成千上万颗像太阳一样的恒星。
The days are gone when we suffered so much. 以前那种受苦受难的日子已过去了。
There is nothing in existence that is unchanging. 没有存在不变化的事物。
2、时间状语从句，由连词when，whenever，as，while，before，after，until(till)，since，ever since，once，as soon as引导。如：
She has saved more than twenty people's lives since she became a doctor. 自从她当医生以来，已经挽救了二十多人的生命。
Once Aristotle had made up his mind that heavy objects always fell faster than light objects，he taught it as a truth to his students. 亚里士多德一旦认定重的物体比轻的物体下落速度快，就作为真理教给他的学生们。
Whenever (it was) possible，one of them would stop him，make him stand at attention，and ask him the three questions. 只要有可能，他们当中就有人拦住他，要他立正，问他那三个问题。
Yet，this battle will not be won until everyone knows how serious the danger is，and does something to stop it. 然而，这场战争只有当人人都明白危险已是多么可怕，并采取措施来制止的时候才会赢。
Was it raining when you came to school yesterday?你昨天上学时在下雨吗？
Where did your brother study before he joined the army?你哥哥参军前在哪儿读书？
I went to bed after the TV play was over. 电视结束后我就上床睡觉去了。
I'll give the note to him as soon as I see him. 我一看到他我就把字条给他。
As the crocodile was waiting，he suddenly heard a voice from above. 鳄鱼还在等着，突然听到上面传来喊声。
〖注〗少数名词和副词引导时间状语从句：时间状语从句除了由when，before，after等从属连词引导以外，还可以由each time，every time，the first time，the last time，the moment，the day等名词词语以及instantly、directly、immediately等副词来引起，相当于一个由as soon as引起的时间状语从句：
The moment he entered the room，Bill fixed the chain across the door. 比尔一进房间，就用链条把门扣上。
Every time he came to Shanghai，he would pay a visit to her.每次他来上海，总要去拜访她。
He left a deep impression on me the first time I met him.我第一次见到她，就给我留下了很深的印象。
Be sure to call on us next time you come here.下次来这儿请一定来找我们。
I made quite a few friends the last time I stayed in Shanghai.上次我在上海时交了不少朋友。
She is going to call on you the day she arrives in Tianjin.她打算在到达天津的当天去看望你。
The machine will start instantly you press the button. 你一按电钮机器就会开动。
Directly he began to sing，stormy applause broke forth. 他刚开始唱就爆发出暴风雨般的掌声。
He rushed out of the room immediately he heard the cry for help. 他一听到呼救声就冲出屋子。
I remember the many times she tried to spell words into my small hand. 我记得她曾多次试着在我的小手上拼写单词。
Make a mark where you have any questions. 你哪儿有问题就在哪儿作个记号。
But where there is too much of it，the poisonous waste may do great harm to the things around us. 但在毒物太多的地方，有毒的垃圾会对我们周围的东西产生危害。
The swimming pool won't be open today because they're changing the water. 游泳池今天不会开门，因为他们在换水。
Since everyone is here，let's begin. 既然大家都到了，咱们就开始吧。
Now that they could ride horses，it became easier to hunt the bison，a type of cattle which used to exist in huge numbers on the plains of America. 既然土著人会骑马了，猎取野牛也就容易了。这种野牛以前是成群结队地生活在美洲平原上的。
5、条件状语从句。由连词if（如果），unless（如果不），as(so) long as（只要），provided that（只要），on the understanding that（只要），in case（万一；假使；免得）等引导。如：
I'll go with you to the cinema this afternoon if I'm free. 如果我有空，今天下午我就和你去看电影。
Heavy objects and light objects fall at the same speed unless air holds them back. 如果没有空气的阻力，重的物体和轻的物体会以同样的速度落到地面。
You'll succeed so long as you stick to it. 只要你坚持，你就会成功。
You may keep the book another week provided that no one else requires it. 只要没有别人要这本书，你还可借一个星期。
Provided that no objection is raised，we shall hold the meeting here. 如果没有人反对，我们就在这里开会了。
I gave her some money on the understanding that she should spend it on books. 我给了她一些钱，条件是她应该用于买书。
You’d better take an umbrella in case it rains. 你最好带把伞，万一天下雨。
In case he comes，let me know. 如果他来的话，告诉我一声。
6、目的状语从句，由so that，in order that等引导，从句有时用虚拟语气。如：
The Emperor gave the cheats some gold in order that they might begin their work at once. 皇帝给了两个骗子一些金子，以便他们可以马上开始工作。
As she walked，she dropped the seed along the road so that she would know the way back. 她一边走，一边沿路洒下一些种子以便她可以知道回来的路。
7、比较（方式）状语由than，as. . . as，not as（so）. . . as，as（按照）等引导。如：
We must study as Lenin did. 我们应该像列宁那样学习。
He acted as if he were an expert. 他的表现好像他是一位专家似的。
The earth is bigger than the moon (is). 地球比月亮大。
This story is as interesting as that one. 这个故事和那个故事一样有趣。
Betty is not as tall as Rose. 贝蒂没有罗斯高。
8、结果状语从句，由so . . . that，such. . . that，so that等引导。如：
I've had so many falls that I'm black and blue all over. 我摔了那么多的跤，以致于我全身青一块紫一块的。
He made such rapid progress that before long he began to write articles in English for an American newspaper. 他进步很快，不久他就可以用英语给美国一家报社写文章。
There was so long a queue at the clinic that I decided not to wait. 诊所里队伍排得那么长，结果我决定不再等了。
He got up early so that he caught the first bus. 他起得早，因此赶上了第一班车。
Proud as these nobles are，he's afraid to see me. 这些贵族虽然很傲慢，但他也怕见我。
However hard you try，you won't be able to do it alone. 不管你怎么努力，你也不会独自干好这件事。
Though (Although) it is difficult，we'll try to finish the work in time. 虽然很难，我们也会尽力按时完成这件工作。
1. ____ he said is true. 【1984】
A. What B. That C. Which D. Whether
2. ____ you have done might do harm to other people. 【1987】
A. That B. What C. Which D. This
3. ____ leaves the room last ought to turn off the lights. 【1988】
A. Anyone B. The person C. Whoever D. Who
4. ____ the 2000
Olympic Games will be held in
A. Whenever B. If C. Whether D. That
5. It worried her a bit ____ her hair was turning gray. 【1992】
A. while B. that C. if D. for
6. ____ he said at the meeting astonished everybody present. 【1993】
A. What B. That C. The fact D. The matter
7. ____ is a fact that English is being accepted as an international language. 【1995】
A. ThereB. This C. That D. It
8. ____ we’ll go camping tomorrow depends on the weather. 【1996】
A. If B. WhetherC. That D. Where
9. ____ we can’t get seems better than ____ we have. 【1996】
A. What; what B. What; that C. That; that D. That; what
10. I read about it in some book or other，does it matter____ it was? 【2001春】
A. where B. what C. how D. which
1. Can you tell me ____ the railway station? 【1986】
A. how I can get to B. how can I get to C. where I can get to D. where can I get to
2. Can you tell me ____ ? 【1988】
A. who is that gentleman B. that gentleman is who
C. who the gentleman isD. whom is that gentleman
3. They want to know ____ do to help us. 【1988】
A. what can they B. what they can C. how they canD. how can they
4. These photographs will show you ____ . 【1989】
A. what does our village look like B. what our village looks like
C. how does our village look like D. how our village looks like
5. Can you make sure ____ the gold ring? 【1990】
6. No one can be sure ____ in a million years. 【1991】
A. what man will look like B. what will man look like
C. man will look like what D. what look will man like
7. —We haven't heard from Jane for a long time.
—What do you suppose ____ to her? 【1991】
A. was happening B. to happen C. has happenedD. having happened
8. I remember ____ this used to be a quiet village. 【1993】
A. whenB. how C. where D. what
9. —Do you remember ____ he came?
—Yes，I do，he came by car. 【1994】
A. how B. when C. that D. if
10. It is generally considered unwise to give a child ____ he or she wants. 【1997】
A. howeverB. whatever C. whicheverD. whenever
11. These wild flowers are so special I would do ________ I can to save them. 【2000春】
A. whatever B. that C. which D. whichever
12. A computer can only do ____ you have instructed it to do. 【2001】
A. how B. after C. what D. when
13. People have heard what the President has said; they are waiting to see ____ he will do. 【NMET2003春】
A. how B. what C. when D. that
1. Go and get your coat. It's ____ you left it. 【1992】
A. there B. whereC. there where D. where there
2. —I drove to Zhuhai for the air show last week.
—Is that _____ you had a few days off? 【1999】
A. why B. when C. what D. where
3. —Are you still thinking about yesterday’s game?
A. what makes me feel excited B. whatever I feel excited about
C. how I feel about it D. when I feel excited
1. They have no idea at all ____ . 【1987】
A. where he has gone B. where did he go
C. which place had he gone D. where has he gone
1. The doctor ____ is leaving for
A. the nurse is talking to himB. whom the nurse is talking
C. the nurse is talking to D. who the nurse is talking
2. In fact the Swede did not understand the three questions ____ were asked in French. 【1985】
A. where B. who C. in which D. which
3. Finally the thief handed everything ____ he had stolen to police. 【1987】
A. after B. what C. whatever D. that
4. His parents wouldn't let him marry anyone ____ family was poor. 【1987】
A. of whom B. whom C. of whose D. whose
5. All ____ is needed is a supply of oil. 【1989】
A. the thingB. that C. what D. which
6. In the dark street，there wasn't a single person ____ she could turn for help. 【1992】
A. that B. who C. from whom D. to whom
7. After living in
A. which B. whereC. that D. when
8. The film brought the hours back to me ____ I was taken good care of in that far-away village. 【2001】
A. when B. that C. until D. where
9. We are living in an age____ many things are done on computer. 【京2003春】
A. which B. that C. whoseD. when
1. He paid the boy $10 for washing ten windows，most of ____ hadn't been cleaned for at least a year. 【1990】
A. these B. those C. that D. which
2. She heard a terrible noise，____ brought her heart into her mouth. 【1991】
A. it B. whichC. this D. that
3. The weather turned out to be very good，____ was more than we could expect. 【1994】
A. what B. whichC. that D. it
4. Carol said the work would be done by October，_____ personally I doubt very much. 【1999】
A. itB. that C. when D. which
5. Dorothy was always speaking highly of her role in the play，____ ，of course，made the others unhappy. 【2000】
A. who B. which C. this D. what
6. The result of the experiment was very good，________ we hadn't expected. 【2000春】
A. when B. that C. which D. what
7. It was an exciting moment for these football fans this year，________ for the first time in years their team won the World Cup. 【2000春】
A. that B. while C. which D. when
8. ____ is known to everybody，the moon travels round the earth once every month. 【2001】
A. ItB. As C. That D. What
9. John said he’d been working in the office for an hour，____ was true. 【2001春】
A. he B. this C. which D. who
10. We will be shown around the city: schools，museums，and some other places，____other visitors seldom go. 【京2002】
A. what B. which C. whereD. when
11. York，____ last year，is a nice old city. 【京2003】
A. that I visited B. which I visited C. where I visited D. in which I visited
1. I didn't manage to do it ____ you had explained how. 【1987】
A. unless B. until C. when D. since
2. ____ the days went on，the weather got worse. 【1990】
A. With B. Since C. While D. As
3. —What's the party like?
—Wonderful. It's years ____ I enjoyed myself so much. 【1993】
A. after B. when C. before D. since
4. Mother was worried because little Alice was ill，especially ____ Father was away in France. 【1994】
A. as B. that C. during D. if
5. Why do you want a new job ________ you’ve got such a good one already? 【1998】
A. that B. where C. whichD. when
6. —I’m going to the post office.
— _____you’re there，can you get me some stamps? 【1999】
A. As B. While C. Because D. If
7. Someone called me up in the middle of the night，but they hung up ____ I could answer the phone. 【2000】
A. as B. since C. until D. before
8. —Did you remember to give Mary the money you owed her?
—Yes，I gave it to her____ I saw her. 【2001春】
A. while B. the moment C. suddenly D. once
9. —Was his father very strict with him when he was at school?
—Yes. He had never praised him____ he became one of the top students in his grade. 【京2003春】
A. after B. unless C. until D. when
10. Don’t be afraid of asking for help ____ it is needed. 【NMET2003】
A. unless B. since C. although D. when
11. He made a mistake，but then he corrected the situation ____ it got worse. 【京2003】
A. until B. when C. beforeD. as
1. When you read the book，you'd better make a mark ____ you have any questions. 【1986】
A. at whichB. at whereC. the place where D. where
2. After the war，a new school building was put up ____ there had once been a theatre. 【1997】
A. that B. when C. which D. where
3. You should make it a rule to leave things _____ you can find them again. 【1999】
A. when B. where C. then D. there
1. The Italian boy was regarded as a hero ____ he gave his life for his country. 【1985】
A. according to B. because of C. on account D. because
2. _____you’ve got a chance，you might as well make full use of it. 【1999】
A. Now thatB. After C. Although D. As soon as
1. You'll miss the train ____ you hurry up. 【1983】
A. unless B. as C. if D. until
2. You will be late ____ you leave immediately. 【1987】
A. unless B. until C. if D. or
3. ____ he comes，we won't be able to go. 【1988】
A. Without B. Unless C. Except D. Even
4. The WTO cannot live up to its name ____ it does not include a country that is home to one fifth of mankind. 【2000】
A. as long as B. while C. if D. even though
5. John may phone tonight. I don't want to go out ________ he phones. 【2000春】
A. as long as B. in order that C. in case D. so that
6. The men will have to wait all day____ the doctor works faster. 【2001春】
A. if B. unless C. whether D. that
7. ____ I know the money is safe，I shall not worry about it. 【京2003】
A. Even though B. Unless C. As long as D. While
1. He is ____ teacher that all of us like him. 【1984】
A. a such good B. such good a C. a so good D. so good a
1. I hurried ____ I wouldn't be late for class. 【1989】
A. since B. so that C. as if D. unless
2. John shut everybody out of the kitchen ____ he could prepare his grand surprise for the party. 【NMET2002】
A. which B. when C. so that D. as if
3. Sally worked late in the evening to finish her report ____ her boss could read it first thing next morning. 【NMET2003春】
A. so that B. because C. beforeD. or else
1. Nobody believed him ____ what he said. 【1987】
A. even though B. in spite C. no matter D. contrary to
2. Although he is considered a great writer，____. 【1991】
A. his works are not widely read B. but his works are not widely read
C. however his works are not widely read D. still his works are not widely read
3. If we work with a strong will，we can overcome any difficulty，____ great it is. 【1995】
A. what B. how C. however D. whatever
4. ____ ，Mother will wait for him to have dinner together. 【1997】
A. However late is he B. However late he is
C. However is he late D. However he is late
5. We’ll have to finish the job，_____. 【1999】
A. long it takes howeverB. it takes however long
C. long however it takesD. however long it takes
6. Mr. Hall understands that ____ math has always been easy for him，it is not easy for the students. 【NMET2003春】
A. unless B. since C. although D. when
1. ____ our volleyball team had won the match made us very happy.
A. That B. What C. Which D. This
2. ____ water to grow is a common sense.
A. That trees need B. Trees need C. That tree needs D. These trees need
3. ____ she was invited to the ball made her very happy.
A. If B. That C. When D. Because
4. I think ____ to finish writing the composition in ten minutes is impossible.
A. itB. him C. that D. which
5. It’s no longer a question now ____ man can land on the moon.
A. that B. whichC. whether D. what
6. Human beings are different from animals____ they can use language as a tool to communicate.
A. in that B. for that C. in whichD. for which
7. These two areas are similar ____ they both have a high rainfall during this season.
A. besides that B. in that C. except that D. so that
8. She knew nothing about his journey ____ he was likely to be away for three months.
A. except B. except for C. except that D. in addition
9. The truth ____ there is water there is life is known to all.
A. whereverB. where C. that where D. that
10. The thought ____
Lao Gao would open a
A. that B. what C. whether D. if
11. The thought came to him____ he had no time to prepare for the interview.
A. which B. because C. ifD. that
12. Information has been put forward____ more middle school graduates will be admitted into universities.
A. while B. that C. whenD. as
13. A decision was made ____ those who once lied to the factory in order to get a job would not be allowed to stay.
A. whether B. when C. that D. once
14. The reason I don’t go there was ____ a new job.
A. because I got B. because of getting C. due to D. that I got
15. ____all the inventions have in common is that they are all of novelty，originality and practicality.
A. What B. How C. That D. Why
16. ____ to me is common sense has become a problem for my co-workers. I am amazed.
A. How B. What C. Which D. Where
17. ____we are doing has never been done before.
A. That B. What C. Which D. Whether
18. ____ is well known to us all is that the 2008 Olympic Games will be held in Beijing，China.
A. What B. As C. ItD. Which
19. ____ really surprised me most was the suggestion that he ____.
A. What; should make B. What; had made
C. That; should make D. That; had made
20. When Christopher Columbus reached____ is now the USA，he called the people of the new world“Indians. ”
A. where B. what C. which D. the place where
21. After five hours’ drive，they reached ____ they thought was the place they’d been dreaming of.
A. that B. where C. which D. what
22. Although Emma is pleased with her success，she wonders____ will happen to her private life.
A. whether B. if C. what D. it
23. Many workers were organized to clear away ____ remained of he
A. those B. these C. what D. where
24. —How do you like the cloth?
—I like the colour and the design. It’s better than____ we saw in the last shop.
A. one B. the one C. what D. it
25. Scientists believe native Americans arrived by crossing the land bridge that connected Siberia(西伯利亚) and ____ more than 10，00 years ago.
A. this is
26. We can’t believe that he drew such a big conclusion according to____ he took for granted （想当然）.
A. as B. that C. what D. it
27. The boy dived into the water and after ____ seemed to be a long time，he came up again.
A. what B. that C. itD. which
28. I knew nothing about the accident ____ I read in the newspaper.
A. except that B. except what C. besides what D. besides that
A. what B. that C. which D. where
30. A far more troubling question，still unsettled even within the Bush government，is ____ will come next in Iraq.
A. that B. when C. how D. what
31. The Americans don’t like to wait for a bus，or a train or even a plane. That’s to say，their spirit of independence is____ really makes cars popular.
A. why B. when C. how D. what
32. Whether ways will be found to stop pollution or not is just ____ worries the public.
A. why B. which C. that D. what
33. The question came up at the meeting ____ we had enough money for our research.
A. that B. what C. which D. whether
34. —The meeting has begun and ____ he will come.
—Of course，he is sure to come. He’ll speak at the meeting.
A. I believeB. I hope C. I think D. I doubt if
35. —I told you that he would come to see you.
—Actually I had little doubt ____ it was true.
A. whether B. that C. since D. if
36. Actually，girls can be____ they want to be just like boys，whether it is a pilot，a nurse，or a general manager.
A. who B. which C. whateverD. no matter what
37. We will never give in ____ they might do or say about our plan.
A. no matter how B. what C. whateverD. although
38. —How to get the employer to do something well for you?
—You should find a way to make it easy for him to say yes to ____ you suggest.
A. however B. whenever C. whichever D. whatever
39. We agreed to accept ____ they thought was the best tourist guide.
A. whateverB. whoever C. whichever D. whomever
40. ____ was lying.
A. Those who told you that B. Anyone told you that
C. Whoever told you that D. Who told you that
41. Please tell me ____ you want your coffee，black or white?
A. what B. when C. whether D. how
42. —I’d like to invite you to my new house next weekend.
—Thank you，but ____ I’ll have time I’m not sure at the moment.
A. when B. as C. in case D. unless
43. When I got there，Mike described to me ____ the accident happened.
A. why B. how C. that D. where
44. The proposal had been put forward，and then arose the question____ we were to get the proofs____.
A. what; needed B. where; to need C. what; to need D. where; needed
45. You should keep those old jam bottles——you never know ____ you might need them.
A. when B. how C. what D. where
46. I came here thirty years ago. And I have still remembered ____ this used to be a quiet village.
A. when B. how C. where D. why
47. I really don’t know____ I had my money stolen.
A. when was it that B. that it was when C. where it was that D. it was where that
48. You have no idea ____.
A. how I was worried about you then B. how worried I was for you then
C. how worried was I about you then D. how worried I was about you then
49. Prof. Lee’s book will show you ____ can be used in your future studies.
A. that you have learnedB. that how you have learned
C. how that you have learned D. how what you have learned
50. ____ impressed us deeply was ____ the natives made with their hands.
A. What; that B. That; what C. What; what D. That; that
51. ____ we can pass the coming examination will mainly depend on ____ we learn and ____ learn it.
A. Whether; what; how B. That; whether; why
C. If; how; that D. Why; that; how
52. We believe____ you have been devoted to is naturally of necessity.
A. that B. which C. that whatD. what that
1. We often have to work on Sundays，____ we don’t like.
A. though B. which C. so D. but
2. ____ in today’s newspaper，Hu Jingtao，general secretary of the CPC Central Committee，will pay a formal state visit to France next week.
A. As it is announce B. As are announced C. As is announced D. As they are announced
3. The students will put off the match until next week，____ they won’t be so busy.
A. while B. as C. when D. since
4. The football match score turned out 0:0，____ generally speaking was within the fans’ imagination.
A. this B. that C. which D. it
5. Doctor Smith has made another wonderful discovery，____ great importance to science.
A. which I think is of B. which I think it is of
C. that I think if of D. I think which is of
6. “Who Moved My Cheese?”，____ is a best-selling book，is written by Spencer Johnson.
A. which B. that C. itD. what
7. Helen is much more kind to her youngest child than to the others，____，of course，makes the others unhappy.
A. who B. which C. she D. that
8. The hours ____ the children spend in their one-way relationship with television people undoubtedly affect their relationships with real-life people.
A. that B. when C. in which D. on which
9. The most favorite room is the tidy study with a fireplace，____ we can watch TV and enjoy the nice scenery outside.
A. where B. when C. that D. which
10. Now children like to go to the fast food restaurant，____ as the name says，eating doesn’t take much time.
A. which B. that C. what D. where
11. —Please tell me where on earth you picked up this wallet.
—It was in the meeting-room ____ we had a discussion last Friday.
A. which B. where C. when D. that
12. Whenever I speak to him，____ was fairly often，he would talk on and on without giving me a chance to speak.
A. which B. what C. that D. when
13. He is an astronaut，____ is the admiration of all the young people nowadays.
A. who B. whichC. that D. what
14. We are living in an age ____ many things are done on computer.
A. which B. that C. whose D. when
15. I shall never forget those days ____ I lived in the army with the soldiers，____ has a great effect on my life.
A. that; which B. when; which C. when; that D. which; that
16. —Are you familiar with the music?
—Yes. There was a time____ this kind of music was quite popular.
A. that B. when C. with which D. about which
17. My friend said he would never forget the days ____ he spent in the countryside.
A. on that B. on whichC. which D. when
18. All the top leaders discussed the plan they would like____ the next year.
A. be put into practice B. putting into practice
C. to put into practice D. put into practice
19. On New Year’s Eve，New York City holds an outdoor event，____ attracts a crowd of a million or more people.
A. when B. which C. where D. what
20. It’s impossible for us to hear everything ____ is going on in the world.
A. which B. what C. that D. where
21. —Do you have anything in mind ____ you’d like for supper?
—Well，____ is okay with me.
A. what; anything B. which; everything C. what; whatever D. where; something
22. —Have you read the books?
—Yes. I’ve read all the books____ you gave me，because they are the best ones____ I have ever read.
A. which; that B. that; that C. what; which D. who; what
23. The hard-working peasants and their happy life____ we saw in the countryside made a wonderful impression（印象）on us.
A. 不填 B. who C. which D. whom
24. Argentina is no longer the place ____ once considered itself the world’s grain field.
A. what B. that C. which D. where
25. The wrong you’ve done him is terrible，for ____ you should make an apology to him，I think.
A. this B. which C. what D. that
26. Carol said that the work would be well done by the end of October，____ personally I wondered completely.
A. which B. at which C. in which D. about which
27. The science of medicine，____ progress has been very rapid lately，is perhaps the most important of all the science.
A. in which B. which C. while D. about which
28. They all ran to the window，____ they could see____ was happening in the street.
A. where; all what B. from where; what C. which; all D. from which; that
29. I usually enjoy these dinners，unless I have to make a speech，in____ case I worry through the meal.
A. that B. this C. which D. any
30. The boss in____ department Mr Smith worked called at the hospital.
A. his B. whose C. that D. whom
31. Mr Green questioned his son，____ he learned how he could play with it.
A. who B. of whomC. from whom D. that
32. This is the boy ____ sister we have just spoken.
A. whose B. whom C. of whomD. of whose
33. The old lady，____ had been killed in the war，was given help by the local government.
A. all her children B. all of her children C. all of whose children D. whose all children
34. Recently my father bought a Chinese painting，____ was very reasonable.
A. the price of whose B. which priceC. the price of which D. its price
35. In that supermarket on sale is a new type of computer，____ makes it attractive to the students from poor family.
A. which B. whose cheap price C. what D. the low price of which
36. The people，____ had been damaged by the flood，were given help by the Red Cross.
A. all of their homes B. all whose homes C. whose all homes D. all of whose homes
37. Beijing government puts more than 700 million yuan to increase its green space this year，____ doubles the money provided last year.
A. as B. while C. that D. which
38. The British are not so familiar with different cultures and other ways of doing things，____ is often the case in other countries.
A. as B. that C. so D. it
39. Sometimes the earthquake is so violent that it can destroy the whole city，____ happened in Tangshan，in 1976.
A. as B. that C. whereD. like
40. The writer has written quite a few books now，____ his teachers and parents didn’t expect.
A. that B. as C. of which D. which
41. As a teacher，I seldom give my students so difficult a problem ____ they cannot work out.
A. that B. if C. in order that D. as
42. Sophia didn’t like David，____ could be judged from her eyes.
A. it B. who C. that D. as
43. We hope that the measures to control prices，____ are taken by the government，will work.
A. as B. how C. that D. what
44. ____ I had expected，the number of the audience was well over two thousand.
A. As B. WhichC. Whom D. That
1. Can you imagine what a girl will look like ____ she comes across a rat in her room?
A. now thatB. though C. in case D. if
2. —Shall Mary come and play computer games?
—No，____ she has finished her homework.
A. when B. if C. unlessD. once
3. —Our holiday cost a lot of money.
—Did it? Well，that doesn’t matter ____ you enjoyed yourselves.
A. unless B. in case C. as far as D. as long as
4. I was advised to arrange for insurance(保险) ____ I needed medical treatment.
A. in case B. so thatC. although D. if
5. ____he is too lazy to go in for any sport，you must try to persuade him into it.
A. In order that B. In case C. No matter D. However
6. Led by the Party，____ we fight firmly with one heart and one mind，depending upon science，we will surely defeat SARS.
A. in case B. so far as C. even if D. so long as
7. —Can I go to the beach with my classmates this afternoon，Mum?
—You can go where you like____ you get back before supper.
A. now thatB. as if C. as long as D. even though
8. Talking to a friend over the phone，you feel that you are close to each other____ the actual distance is not short.
A. so long as B. so thatC. as if D. even if
9. He is all right ____ he is left to do the job in his own way.
A. for fear B. so long as C. in case D. meanwhile
10. —Are you sure he is able to do the work well?
—____ he would give his mind to it.
A. In case B. If onlyC. Until D. Unless
11. —Why do you drink so much coffee?
—Well，____ it doesn’t keep me awake in the night，I see no harm in it.
A. because B. as soon as C. so long as D. while
12. We liked the oil painting better ____ we looked at it.
A. as B. while C. the moment D. the more
13. This photo of mine was taken ____ stood the famous high tower.
A. which B. in which C. whereD. there
14. —Don’t look down upon Bob. He has his own advantages.
—Oh，yes. ____ others are weak，he is strong.
A. When B. Though C. WhereD. If
15. I have been keeping that portrait____ I can see it every day，as it always reminds me of my childhood in London.
A. which B. where C. whether D. when
16. —The thread of my kite broke and it flew away.
—I told you it would easily break____ it was the weakest.
A. when B. for C. since D. where
17. —I’ve got ____ I am by hard work.
—No，you didn’t. You got ____ with your father’s money.
A. there，where B. where，there C. there，there D. where，where
18. The city plans to build a park ____ there used to be a lake.
A. where B. that C. in which D. which
19. This worm can’t be seen in any place，but ____ the soil is loose.
A. ifB. whoseC. whereD. in which
20. —Has he lived here for a long time?
—Not very long，____ he was made mayor of this city.
A. after B. beforeC. when D. since
21. ____ tennis，I know nothing.
A. When I come to B. When it comes to C. Where I come to D. Where it comes to
22. ____you understand the rule，you will have no further difficulty.
A. While B. Once C. Though D. Unless
23. Mr Zhang is mild in character. He never shouts ____ he is very angry.
A. ifB. even C. though D. even when
24. She had golden hair when she was a child，but ____ she got older and older，her hair went darker and darker.
A. while B. when C. after D. as
25. The next moment，____ she had time to realize what was happening，she was hit over the head.
A. when B. beforeC. since D. as
26. She was so interested in the book that she had read it for three hours ____ she realized it.
A. after B. beforeC. when D. until
27. I’m going to London next month. I’ll visit Martin ____ I go there.
A. ifB. when C. once D. whenever
28. You will have to wait for one more week，____ the manager will be back from his trip.
A. after B. while C. when D. since
29. ____ I could sit down，he offered me a cup of coffee.
A. Because B. Since C. BeforeD. Until
30. It was already ten o’clock____ we got to the park yesterday morning.
A. for B. while C. that D. when
31. Some scientists think that agriculture started ____ remaining wild seeds that had been gathered，grew near people’s camps.
A. before B. after C. when D. while
32. —When did he leave the classroom?
—He left ____ you turned back to write on the blackboard.
A. the minute B. the time C. until D. before
33. She usually rushes into the kitchen____.
A. when going home B. as soon as she will return home
C. the moment she returns home D. the moment when she reaches home
34. —Did you remember to give Tom the key to the bike?
—Yes. I gave it to him ____ I saw him.
A. while B. once C. suddenly D. the moment
35. A mysterious illness，referred to as “atypical pneumonia(非典型性肺炎)”，has been brought under control，the government said Wednesday，____ no cause of it has been made public.
A. though B. when C. that D. because
36. ____ the punishment was unjust，he accepted it without complaint.
A. So long as B. Even though C. Since D. While
37. Please give a ring ____ late you get home.
A. whateverB. however C. whenever D. whoever
38. ____，you’ll never be able to persuade him.
A. However hard may you try B. Try however hard you may
C. However hard you may try D. Try hard however you may
39. Every society，____ great or small，primitive or civilized，has a culture.
A. if it is B. if it were C. no matter it isD. whether it is
40. Bill is a good man，kind and diligent. Don’t be too hard on him. He’s doing the job ____.
A. as good as he can B. as well as could C. as well as he can D. as best as he could
41. I thought things would get better，but ____ it is，they are getting worse.
A. before B. because C. as D. after
42. As a teacher，I seldom give my students so difficult a problem ____ they can not work it out.
A. that B. if C. in order that D. as
43. — Don’t answer me with a simple “yes” or “no”. Explain____ possible.
— Yes，I’ll try my best.
A. whoever B. whenever C. however D. whatever
44. —I’ve decided to go to Shanghai for holiday，Darling. What about you?
—Well，____ you’re going，so ____ I.
A. since; will B. if; am C. as long as; amD. when; will
45. —____ you like the car so much，why not drive it back?
—Well，I can’t afford ____ car.
A. Now that; that big a B. If; such big a
C. When; so a big D. So long as; that a big
46. Mrs. Smith locked both the front and the back doors before she went to bed ____ that a thief might steal into the house.
A. so B. for fear C. unlessD. in case
宾语从句：ACBBC ACAAB ACB
非限制性定语从句：DBBDB CDBCC B
时间状语从句：BDDAD BDBCD C
AABCA ABCCA DBCDA BBABB DCCCD CABAD
DDDDB CCDBC DABDA ACDDC AC
BCCCA ABAAD BABDB BCCBC ABABB BABCB
CDCCD DDAAD DDAA
DCDAB DCDBB CDCCB DBACD BBDDB BBCCD
CACDA BBCDC CABAA B