Thank you for your help. 谢谢你的帮助。（省略了主语I）
See you tomorrow. 明天见。（省略了主语I）
No smoking. 请勿吸烟。（省略了There is）
Anything wrong?有什么不妥吗？（省略了Is there）
Have a smoke?要来支烟吗？（省略了Will you）
What about a cup of tea?来杯茶怎么样？（省略了do you think）
Why not say hello to him?为什么不跟他打声招呼？（省略了do you）
—Are you going there? 你去那儿吗？
—I’d like to. 非常乐意。（省略了go there）
He did not give me the chance，though he had promised to. 尽管他曾经答应过我，但不审没有给我机会。（省略了give me the chance）
—Are you an engineer? 你是工程师吗？
—No，but I want to be. 不是，但我希望是。（be不能同时省略）
—He hasn’t finished the task yet. 他尚未完成任务。
—Well，he ought to have. 噢，他早应该完成了。（have不能同时省略）
—Are you thirsty?你口喝吗？
—Yes，I am. 是的。（省略了thirsty）
His brother is not lazy，nor is his sister. 他弟弟不懒，妹妹也不懒。（省略了lazy）
Let’s meet as the same place as yesterday. 让我们在昨天见面的地方见面。（as后省略了we met）
—Have you finished your work?你完成了工作吗？
—Not yet. 还没 有。（Not前省略了I have，Not后省略了finished my work）
What a wide river!好宽的一条河！ (river后省略了it is)
Simply impossible!简直不可能！(impossible后省略了it is)
How so? 怎么是这样的？
Is that so?是这样的吧？
I hope so. 我希望如此。
He said so. 他是这样说的。
I suppose not. 我估计不会。
I believe not. 我相信不是这样的。
I hope not. 我希望不是这样。
He spends his evenings (in) studying English. 他晚上的时间都用来学英语了。
They are busy (in) cleaning the room. 他们忙于打扫房间。
Before liberation we had a hard time (in) getting grain and coal. 解放前，我们生活困苦，缺衣少食。
My father is a doctor and my mother a nurse. 我爸爸是医生，妈妈是护士。（my mother后省略了is）
I study at college and my sister at high school. 我在读大学，我妹妹在读高中。（sister后省略了studies）
When summer comes，the day is getting longer and longer，and the night shorter and shorter. 夏天来了，白天越来越长，夜晚越来越短。（the night后省略了is getting）
Sorry to hear that you are ill. 听到你生病的消息我很难过。（sorry前省略了I am）
Pity that he missed such a good chance. 他错过了这么好的机会真是可惜。（pity前省略了It is a）
—Is he coming back tonight?他今晚会回来吗？
—I think so. 我相想会的。（so代替从句that he is coming back tonight）
—She must be busy now. 她现在一定很忙。
—If so，she can’t go with us. 如果这样的话，她就不能跟我们一起去了。（so代替从句she is busy）
—Is he feeling better today?他今天感觉好些了吗？
—I’m afraid not. 我想没有。（not代替从句that he is not feeling better today）
When (water is) heated，water is turned into vapour. 水被加热以后，就变成了水蒸汽。
Please write to us as often as (it is) possible. 请尽可能多地写信给我们。
When (it is) necessary you can help us to do something. 必要时，你可以帮我们做些事情。
When (I am) in trouble，I always turn to her for help. 我遇到困难时，总是向她求助。
4、以than，as，no matter what/who等连词引导的从句后面常常省略某些成分。如：
They do not use more water than (it is) necessary. 他们用不着更多的水了。
I’m taller than he (is tall). 我比他高。
This book is as interesting as that one (is interesting). 这本书和那本书一样有趣。
Anyone，no matter who (he is)，may point out our shortcomings. 不管是谁，都可以指出我们的缺点。
I think (that) it will clear up this afternoon. 我想今天下午天会放晴。
I believe (that) he will pass the national college entrance examination. 我相信他能通过国家的大学入学考试。
He said (that) the text was very important and that we should learn it by heart. 他说课文非常重要，我们应该背下来。
There are some films (that) I’d like to see. 有几部我想看的电影。
He is the student (whom/that) we are talking about. 他就是我们正在谈论的那个学生。
My idea is (that) we can get more comrades to help in the work. 我认类工作中我们可以得到更多同志的帮助。
The fact (that) he had not said anything surprised everybody. 他什么都没有说，这个事实震惊了每一个人。
The sooner (you do it)，the better (it will be). 越快越好。
I suggest that he (should) study more English before going abroad. 我建议他在出国前多学英语。
It is important that we (should) study science and technology. 学习科学技术对我们而言很重要。
I told him to sit down and (to) wait for a moment. 我告诉他坐下等一会儿。
Black people had no right to vote in the southern states. If they wished to，they had to pass a reading test. 南方各州的黑人们没有投票权。如果他们想要投票，就得通过阅读测验。
2、一些使役动词如let，make，have及感官动词如see，watch，notice，observe，hear，feel，look at和listen to等后面作宾语补足语的不定式一定要省去to。如：
I saw the boy (to) fall from the tree. 我看见这小男孩从树上摔下来。
The boss made us (to) work twelve hours a day. 老板让我们每天工作12小时。
We found him (to) work very hard at the experiment. 我们发现他在实验中非常努力。
She found him to be dishonest. 她发现了他的虚伪。
I will help (to) do it for you. 我会帮你做这件事。
The boy did nothing but play. 这小男孩就知道玩。
Yesterday he did nothing but wait at home. 他昨天除了在家苦等，什么都没做。
All we can do now is (to) wait. 现在我们能做的只有等。
1. —Do you mind my taking this seat?
A. Yes，sit down please B. No，of course not
C. Yes，take it pleaseD. No，you can’t take it
2. —I’ll be away on a business trip. Would you mind looking after my cat?
—Not at all. ____. 【NMET1995】
A. I’ve no time B. I’d rather not C. I’d like it D. I’d be happy to
3. The boy wanted to ride his bicycle in the street，but his mother told him ____. 【NMET1995】
A. not to B. not to doC. not do it D. do not do
4. One of the sides of the board should be painted yellow，and ________. 【2000春】
A. the other is white B. another white C. the other white D. another is white
5. —The boys are not doing a good job at all，are they?
A. I guess not so B. I don’t guess C. I don’t guess so D. I guess not
1. —Aren’t you the waitress in this restaurant?
—No. And I don’t ____.
A. want to be B. want to C. want D. like to
2. —Why are you so busy with the work?
—I am doing it so that I won’t have ____ tomorrow.
A. done it B. to do C. it to D. to
3. Wang Dong wanted to surf the Internet，but his father told him____.
A. not toB. not to doC. not do it D. do not to
4. —Must the composition be finished before class is over?
A. doesn’t have to B. hasn’t to C. it doesn’tD. doesn’t have to be
5. —I thought you might have got drunk.
A. Almost have B. Almost had C. Almost did D. Almost got
6. —Do you happen to have thirty dollars with you?
—I have to buy a Longman English Dictionary.
A. How much B. What for
C. What will you want to do D. Buy what
7. —Why are you having breakfast so early?
—____ the first bus.
A. Because I missed B. Don’t miss. C. Not missing D. Not to miss
8. —Where shall we go for the weekend?
A. One to you B. Up to you C. In your opinion D. According to you
9. —Is Paul playing both soccer and tennis for the school?
—He ____. But now he has given up playing tennis.
A. is B. has C. was D. had
10. —Jane，you’re wanted on the phone.
A. Coming B. Holding C. Calling D. Speaking
11. ____with the area of Asia，Europe is a small continent.
A. While comparing B. CompareC. When compared D. Comparing
12. It is generally believed that children’s brains will be affected ____ too much home work.
A. if giving B. if to give C. if given D. gives
13. The dictionary to a student is ____ the tool to a worker.
A. which B. what C. that D. whatever
14. —I hear Johnson was badly injured in the accident.
—____，let’s go and see him.
A. What’s more B. If so C. Where possible D. When necessary
15. ____，he can't educate his own child well.
A. Though a teacher B. A teacher as he is
C. Being a teacher D. As he is a teacher
16. I’m sure all will go well as____.
A. being planned B. planned C. having planned D. planning
17. The child complained that the old man made no answer when ____ where he lived.
A. asking B. asked C. to ask D. having asked
18. While____ from his operation，David renewed an old interest in stock- car racing.
A. was recovering B. recovering C. was recovered D. recovered
19. Although ____ in China，____ he is well known for his novel about Russia.
A. lived; 不填 B. born; butC. brought up; yet D. being raised; 不填
20. There are some mistakes in this composition. If____，please correct them.
A. finding B. having been found C. found D. find
21. John seems a nice person. ____，I don’t trust him.
A. Even so B. Even though C. Therefore D. Though
22. If you talk to these senior students，you will find that they have much greater knowledge than commonly____.
A. supposing B. supposedC. to suppose D. suppose
23. —Will you go to the party?
—Of course I will if ____.
A. I was invited B. invited C. having invited D. I will be invited
24. When ____ to compare the education system of China and Britain，the professor gave no answer.
A. being asked B. asking C. asked D. to ask
能力过关检测：ADADC BDBCA CCBBA BBBCC ABBC