第 三 章 代 词
She gave the book to you and me. 她把这本书给我和你的。
Who is knocking at the door？It's me. 谁在敲门？是我。
It was he who did it. 是他干的这事。
I am thinner than she. 我比她瘦。（连词）
I am thinner than her. 我比她瘦。（介词）
Nobody but(except) him knew it. 除了他没有人知道这事。（介词）
—Who is it？ —It’s me/him/her/us/them. ——是谁呀？——是我/他/她/我们/他们。
—Who wants a ride on my bike？— Me!/Not me!谁想骑我的自行车？——我！/不是我！
They don’t allow us to smoke here. 这儿不让抽烟。（they代表谁不清楚）
We(You) should keep calm in time of great danger. 危急时刻应保持冷静。（we，you用来泛指一般人）
China will always do what she has promised to do. 中国是说话算数的。
China has risen. She is no longer what she used to be. 中国强大了，不再是以前的中国了。
并列单数人称尊重他人时：you and I；you，he and I；you and he；
并列复数复数人称：we and you；we and they；we，you and they；
承认错误或主动承担责任时，I 放在前面：I and he made the mistake. 我和他出的这个错。
My pen is missing. I can't find it anywhere. 我的钢笔丢了，我到处都找不见。
The frog is not a warm-blooded animal. It's a cold-blooded one. 青蛙不是恒温动物，而是冷血动物。
Jack is ill. Have you heard about it？杰克病了，你听说了吗？
Who is that speaking？It's Jenny speaking. 是谁？我是詹妮。
I didn't know it was you. 我不知道是你。
—What's this？—It's a flag. ——这是什么？——是一面旗帜。
—Whose exercise-book is that？ —It's hers. ——那是谁的练习本？——是她的。
It's time for lunch. 该吃午饭了。
When spring comes，it gets warmer and warmer. 春天来了，天气越来越暖和。
It's about two li from here to the zoo. 从这儿到动物园大约有两里。
He had to sit up now，for it was impossible for him to sleep. 他只好坐起来，因为他不可能睡着了。
It's no use telling him that. 告诉他这个也没用。
It's not yet known where she has gone. 没人知道她去哪儿了。
He feels it his duty to help others. 他觉得帮助别人是他的职责。
We thought it no use doing that. 我们认为没必要做那个。
They want to make it clear to the public that they do an important and necessary job. 他们想让大众认识到他们做的是一项重要且必要的工作。
It seemed that he would have nothing to take home. 看来他没有东西可以带回家了。
I hate it when people talk with their mouths full. 我讨厌人们含着满口食物讲话。
8、it用于强调结构中来强调句子的某一成分（通常是主语、宾语或状语），常用强调结构“It is(was)＋被强调成分＋that (或who) …”，可用来分别强调句中的主语、宾语、地点状语和时间状语：
It was I who saw Li Ping in the street this morning. 是我今天早晨在街上看到李平的。
It was Li Ping that I saw in the street this morning. 今天早晨我在街上看到的是李平。
It was in the street that (不用where) I saw Li Ping this morning. 我今天早晨是在街上看到李平的。
It was this morning (不用when) I saw Li Ping in the street. 我是今天早晨在街上看到李平的。
（1）It is＋第几次＋that sb. have/has done sth. ：
It is the first time that I’ve come here. 这是我第一次来这儿。
（2）It is/has been＋一段时间＋since sth. happened：
It is/has been ten years since I began to learn English. 自从我开始学习英语以来已经十年了。
It won’t be long before you regret what you’ve done. 不儿你就会你所做的事情而悔恨的。
（4）It seems/looks as if/though sth. will happen：
It looks as if it’s going to rain. 看上去天要下雨了。
（5）It＋be＋not until ……that＋主语＋谓语：
It was not until last night that he finally made up his mind. 直到昨天晚上他才下定决心。
五、物主代词的用法：形容词性的物主代词只能作定语，如：my book我的书。名词性的物主代词常用来代替前面已提及的名词，在句子中作表语、主语、宾语或与 of 连用作定语。如：
This dictionary is mine. 这本词典是我的。（表语）
Our room is on the first floor and theirs (is) on the second. 我们的房间在二楼，他们的房间在三楼。（定语；主语）
You may use my pen，I'll use hers. 你可以用我的笔，我用她的好了。（定语；宾语）
That answer of yours is quite correct. 你的那种答案是很正确的。（宾语）
信末用名词性的物主代词：Yours；Yours ever；Yours truly。
He thinks more of others than of himself. 他想到别人比想到自己要多一些。（介词宾语）
He can look after himself. 他能照顾自己。（宾语）
They enjoyed themselves at Disneyland. 他们在迪斯尼乐园玩得很开心。（宾语）
Take good care of yourself. 好好保重/多保重。（介词宾语）
This they kept for themselves. 他们将这些据为已有。（介词宾语）
I am not quite myself these days. 我近来身体不大舒服。（表语）
You may go and ask the president yourself. 你可以自己去问校长。（同位语）
She opened the door herself. 她亲自开门。（同位语）
I myself did all the work. 我亲自做了所有的工作。（同位语）
You’d better ask your father himself. 你最好问你父亲本人。（同位语）
by oneself 亲自；enjoy oneself 自娱；for oneself为自己；call oneself自称；of oneself自动地；dress oneself自穿；to oneself 暗自；excuse oneself 自我辩解；devote oneself to奉献给；teach oneself自学 ；help oneself to 随便吃；speak to oneself自言自语；make oneself understood 让别人懂自己的意思；please oneself 自便；seat oneself=sit down=be seated 坐下
七、相互代词one another，each other。如：
We should learn from each other and help each other. 我们应当互相学习、互相帮助。
For years the two sisters looked after one another (each other). 多年来两姐妹互相照顾。
We should point out each other's shortcomings. 我们应当指出彼此的缺点。
Did you know each other at that time？你们那时认识吗？
1、this / these一般指时空上较近的人或物（近指），that / those常时空上较远的人或物（远指）。在句中作主语、宾语、表语和定语。如：
This (That) is what I want to say. 这（那）就是我想说的。
—Is this the bus we want？—Yes，that's it. ——这就是我们要上的车吗？——是的。
We should always keep this (these) in mind. 我们应当经常记住这一（几）点。
My idea is this. 我的意见是这样的。
For these(those) reasons we've decided to cancel the trip. 由于这些原因我们决定取消这次旅行。
Those who wish to go to the concert may sign up here. 想去音乐会的人员可以在这里签名。
What's that floating on the water？水上漂的东西是什么？
2、在英语中，为了避免重复，用that替代不可数名词或概念名词，用those (=the ones)替代可数名词复数。两词替代的同名异物，常有修饰语（介词短语）在后面。指示代词that和those，起承上的作用；而this常指代下面将要说到的人或事，起启下的作用。如：
Although video camera is expensive，I want to buy one. 虽然录像机很贵，但我还是想买一台。
The students in your school study harder than those in ours. 你们学校的学生比我们学校的学生学习更努力。
New shoots will come up around the roots of the old ones. 新的嫩芽会从老根周围长出来。
The population of Beijing is smaller than that of Shanghai. 北京的人口比上海的人口少。
The climate in Beijing is quite different from that in Guangzhou. 北京的气候与广州的气候大不相同。
I'll take the seat next to the one by the window. 我就坐窗口边那个座位旁边的那个座位吧。
My room was lighter than the one next door. 我的房间比隔壁那间亮一些。
I want to tell you this：the English party will be held on Saturday afternoon. 我要告诉你的是：英语晚会将在星期六下午举行。
The weather of Beijing is colder than that of Nanjing. 北京的天气比南京的冷。
The ears of a rabbit are longer than those of a fox. 兔子的耳朵比狐狸的耳朵长。
He hurt his leg yesterday. That’s why he didn’t come. 他昨天伤了腿，这就是他没来的原因。
Can hard work change a person that much？苦活可以使人改变那么大吗？
I am not this foolish. 我没有那样傻。
Such was the story. 故事就是这样的。（主语）
Such would be our home in the future. 我们未来的家庭就是这个样子的。（主语）
I don't like such weather. 我不喜欢这样的天气。（定语）
His illness was not such as to cause anxiety. 他的病还不至于使人焦虑不安。（表语）
To sell such a suit as that to a millionaire! 把那样一套衣服卖给百万富翁！（定语）
They both landed on the surface of the moon at the same time. 他们俩人同时在月球表面着陆。（定语）
We must all say the same. 我们讲的必须都相同。（宾语）
The price is the same as last year. 价格与去年相同。（表语）
The same can be said of the other article. 另一篇文章也是同样的情况。（主语）
Such words as “such” and “same” can also be pronouns. “such”和“same”这样的词也可以是名词。
He did the same as I did. 他做的事和我做的事一样。
There are trees on both sides of the street. 街道两旁都有树。（定语）
There are trees on neither side of the street. 街道两旁都没有树。（定语）
I have no (=not any) sisters. 我没有姐妹。（定语）
There is no (=not any) bread on the plate. 盘子里没有面包。（定语）
Neither of us is a teacher. 我们俩都不是教师。（主语）
Both of us are not teachers. 我们俩并不都是教师。（主语）
We both are students. 我们俩都是学生。（同位语）
All the visitors have been shown around the factory. 所有的客人都带去参观了那个工厂。（定语）
All of us have visited the factory. 我们都参观了那个工厂。（主语）
We have all visited the factory. 我们都参观了那个工厂。（主语的同位语）
This dictionary is helpful for us all. 这本词典对我们大家都有用。（宾语的同位语）
I told him all about it. 我把一切都告诉了他。（宾语）
That’s all for today. 今天就到这儿。（表语）
Here are two pens. You may take either of them. 这里有两支笔，你可以随便拿一支。（宾语）
—Which do you prefer，tea or coffee？—Either will do. ——你要茶还是咖啡？——随便哪样都行。（主语）
There are trees on either side of the street. 街道两旁都有树。
〖注〗①none后可接of短语，no one在句中单独作主语、宾语；none作主语时，谓语动词多用复数，也可用单数。none主要回答how many的问题，no one则主要回答who引导的问题。而nothing则回答what提出的问题。如：
None of us are/is late for the meeting. 我们当中没有一个人开会迟到。
No one is late for the meeting. 没有人开会迟到。
I like none of the pictures. 这些照片我一张都不喜欢。
I know no one there. 这儿没有人我认识。
—Who went to see the film last night？— No one. ——昨晚有谁去看了电影？——谁也没有去。
—How many of you went to see the film？—None. ——昨晚有多少人去看了电影？——没有一个人去。
Each of us has a pen to write with. 我们每个人都有一支钢笔来写字。（主语，强调各个个体）
Not every student can answer this question. 并非每个学生都能回答这个问题。（定语，强调所有的人）
We each got a ticket. 我们每人都得到一张票。（同位语）
The teacher gave the students a new textbook each. 老师发给每位学生一本新课本。（句末，副词作状语）
He doesn’t like tea，and I don’t，either. 他不喜欢茶，我也不喜欢。（状语）
He can’t do it，neither can I. 他做不了这事，我也做不了。
He is either Japanese or Chinese. 他不是日本人，就是中国人。
Either you or he is a student. 要么你是学生，要么他是学生。
Neither he nor you are student. 他不是学生，你也不是学生。
They each have an English dictionary. 他们每人都有一本英文辞典。
We have both been reading the same novel all these days. 这些天我们都在读同一本小说。
How foolish you all are!你们都太傻了！
—Who can speak English？—We all can. ——谁能讲英语？——我们都可以。
One should do one’s best to help others. 一个人应该尽力帮助别人。
This is not the one I want. 这不是我要的那个。
The new machines are better than the old ones. 这些新的机器比那些旧的机器要好。
Here are three pens. Which one is yours，this one or that one or the one in the pencil-box？这里有3支钢笔。哪支是你的，这支、那支，还是铅笔盒里的那支？
（1）some/any/no：some修饰单数可数名词时表示“某个”，any修饰单数可数名词时表示“任何一个”，修饰复数和不可数名词时两者意思都是“一些”；no的意思是“没有”，作定语用，构成否定意义，如no one，no time，no use等。some(something)多用于肯定句，any(anything)多用于疑问句和否定句或条件句中。如：
He has some Chinese paintings. 他有一些中国画。（定语）
Some like sports. Others like music. 一些人喜欢运动，另一些人喜欢音乐。（主语）
If you have any questions，please ask me. 如果你有问题就问我。（定语）
Do you have any questions to ask me？你有问题要问我吗？（定语）
I don’t know any of the students. 这些学生我一个都不认识。（宾语）
Would you like some tea？要不要喝茶？（邀请）
Could you lend me some money？能给我借些钱吗？（请求，希望得到肯定的答复）
Do you know something about the matter？（希望得到对方肯定的答复）
Smith went to some place in England. 史密斯到英国某地去了。（定语）
③any用于肯定句，表示“任何”的意思：You may take any of them. 你可以拿其中任何一个。（宾语）
Any child can do that. 任何孩子都会做那事。（定语）
I don’t know some of the students. 这些学生中我有些不认识。
Someone has come to see you. 有人来看你。
I have something important to tell you. 我有一些重要的事情告诉你。
There's nothing to do (to be done) this afternoon. 今天下午没事做。
4、不定代词little，few，a little，a few，many，much，several：few，a few，many，several修饰可数名词；little，a little，much修饰不可数名词。few和little有否定意义，表示“没有什么”，a few，a little有肯定意义，表示“有几个”，“有一些”，而several是三个以上的“几个”，比a few 语气更强些。如：
There are (a) few students in the classroom. 教室里没有几个（有几个）学生。（定语）
There is a little (little) ink in the bottle and you may (not) use it. 瓶子里有一点/没有什么墨水了，你（不）可以用了。（定语）
I have several pens here and you may use any of them. 这儿我有几支笔，你可以使用任意一支。（定语）
Many of the students work hard at their lessons. 许多学生学习很用功。（主语）
He said he had much to do. 他说他有许多事要做。（宾语）
Little (A little) has been done to prevent the air from being polluted. 没有采取什么措施（采取了一些措施）来防止空气污染。（主语）
〖注〗quite a few=many许多、相当多；quite a little=much许多、相当多；as many/much as多达；many a许多；not a little = much许多、非常；not a bit = not at all一点也不、根本不
5、不定代词other，another，the other，others，the others：
other，another，the other“另外，另一个”，可修饰或代替单数可数名词。others，the others“另外的人（物）”，代替复数可数名词。other，another，others表示泛指（another前不用冠词），the others表示特指。other与数词连用时，一般放在数词的后面。如：
I have two good friends. One is Jack and the other is Tom. 我有两个好朋友，一个是杰克，另一个是汤姆。
After class some are playing and others are singing. 下课后，一些人在活动，另一些人在唱歌。
Give me another cup of tea，please. 请再给我一杯茶。
I don't like this one. Please give me another. 我不喜欢这个，请给我再拿一个。
There are 50 students in our class. Some are singing and the others are dancing. 我们班有五十名学生，一些在唱歌，其余的在跳舞。
We have another two lessons today. 我们今天另外上了两节课。
There are four cars in the yard. One is red，another(a second) is yellow，a third is blue，and the other is black. 院子里有四辆车，一辆是红色的，一辆是黄色的，一辆是蓝色的，一辆是黑色的。
There are plenty of beautiful flowers in the garden. Some are red，others are yellow，and still others are white. 花园里有很多美丽的花，一些是红色的，一些是黄色的，还有一些是白色的。
Who is that speaking？哪位在打电话？
Who(m) are you talking about？你们在说谁？
What happened next？后来怎么样了呢？
Whose is better？谁的好些？Which is yours？哪个是你的？
What's your father？你父亲是干什么工作的？
Whose book is this？这是谁的书？
Which train will you take？你搭哪一班火车？
Who will go is not important. 谁要去根本不重要。（主语从句）
It's strange that he didn't come yesterday. 他昨天没来真奇怪。（主语从句）
They are just what I shall have. 这些正是我想要的。（表语从句）
Do you know whose book this is？你知道这是谁的书吗？（宾语从句）
We heard the news that our team had won. 我们听到了我们队赢了的消息。（同位语从句）
Which team will win the match is still unknown. 哪个队能赢现在还不知道。（主语从句）
The finger that I put into my mouth was not the one that I had dipped into the cup. 我放进嘴里的手指和在杯中浸过的手指不是同一个。
The film which we saw last night was wonderful. 我们昨晚看的那场电影很精彩。
Who's the man whom you just talked to？刚才和你讲话的那男人是谁？
Wei Fang is the student whose home caught fire last week. 魏芳就是上周家里发生炎灾的那个学生。
The comrade who visited our class yesterday is our new headmaster. 昨天到我们班来视察的那位同志就晚们的新校长。
The man (that) you were talking about has come to our school. 你曾谈及的那个男人已经到我们学校了。（作talk about的宾语）
I have never taken anything that didn't belong to me. 我从未拿过不属于我的东西。（作主语）
That she doesn't like this book is obvious. （=It is obvious that she doesn't like this book. ）很明显，她不喜欢这本书。（主语从句）
The fact that he had not said anything surprised everybody. 他什么都没有说，这个事实让每个人都深感震惊。（同位语从句）
1. The Parkers bought a new house but ____ will need a lot of work before they can move in. 【2001】
A. they B. it C. one D. which
2. —Susan，go and join your sister cleaning the yard.
—Why ____? John is sitting there doing nothing. 【NMET2003】
A. him B. he C. I D. me
1. His camera is more expensive than ____. 【1989】
A. hers B. he C. it D. its
2. Kate and her sister went on holiday with a cousin of ____. 【1990】
A. their B. theirs C. her D. hers
3. —Is your camera like Bill's and Ann's？
—No，but it's almost the same as ____. 【1994】
A. her B. yours C. themD. their
1. —Can you leave your children at home alone？
—Yes，they can take care of ____ now. 【1985】
A. them B. theirs C. themselfs D. themselves
2. Tom felt that he knew everybody’s business better than they knew it ____. 【1996】
A. themselves B. oneself C. itselfD. himself
1. I just want a pencil；____ will do. 【1985】
A. anyone B. any one C. it D. one
2. Some people like to stay at home on Sunday，but ____ like to go to the cinema. 【1985】
A. another B. otherC. othersD. other one
3. —Are the two answers correct？
—No，____ correct. 【1986】
A. no one is B. both are not C. neither is D. either is not
4. These plants are watered ____. 【1986】
A. each other day B. every other day C. each of the days D. every of two days
5. As we were asleep，____ of us heard the sound. 【1987】
A. both B. noneC. either D. any
6. Although he's wealthy，he spends ____ on clothes. 【1987】
A. little B. few C. a littleD. a few
7. I'd been expecting ____ letters the whole morning，but there weren't ____ to me. 【1989】
A. some；any B. many；a few C. some；one D. a few；none
8. ____ of them knew about the plan because it was kept a secret. 【1990】
A. Each B. Any C. No one D. None
9. We couldn't eat in a restaurant because ____ of us had ____ money on us. 【1991】
A. all；no B. any；no C. none；any D. no one；any
10. Mr Zhang gave the textbooks to all the pupils except ____ who had already taken them. 【1992】
A. the ones B. ones C. someD. the others
11. —Is ____ here？
—No. Bob and Tim have asked for leave. 【1993】
A. anybody B. everybody C. somebody D. nobody
12. They were all very tired，but ____ of them would stop to take a rest. 【1995】
A. any B. some C. noneD. neither
13. I hope there are enough glasses for each guest to have ____. 【1995】
A. it B. those C. themD. one
14. —When shall we meet again？
—Make it ____ day you like；it’s all the same to me. 【1996】
A. one B. any C. another D. some
15. I agree with most of what you said，but I don’t agree with ____. 【1997】
A. everything B. anything C. something D. nothing
16. Sarah had read lots of stories by American writers. Now she would like to read ____ stories by writers from ____ countries. 【1997】
A. some；any B. other；someC. other；otherD. some；other
17. —Can you come on Monday or Tuesday？
—I’m afraid ________ day is possible. 【1998】
A. either B. neither C. some D. any
18. —Are the new rules working？
—Yes. _____ books are stolen. 【1999】
A. Few B. MoreC. SomeD. None
19. If you want to change for a double room you’ll have to pay ____ $15. 【2000】
A. anotherB. other C. more D. each
20. Dr. Black comes from either Oxford or Cambridge，I can’t remember _____. 【1998】
A. where B. there C. which D. that
21. Few pleasures can equal _____ of a cool drink on a hot day. 【1999】
A. some B. any C. that D. those
22. —Why don’t we take a little break？
—Didn’t we just have ____ ？ 【2000】
A. it B. that C. one D. this
23. —Do you want tea or coffee？
—________. I really don't mind. 【2000春】
A. Both B. None C. Either D. Neither
24. Many people have helped with canned food，however，the food bank needs____ for the poor. 【2001春】
A. more B. much C. many D. most
25. In that case，there is nothing you can do____ than wait. 【2001春】
A. more B. otherC. better D. any
26. Meeting my uncle after all these years was an unforgettable moment，____ I will always treasure. 【NMET2002】
A. that B. one C. it D. what
27. —There’s coffee and tea; you can have ____.
A. either B. each C. one D. it
28. —Your coffee smells great!
—It’s from Mexico. Would you like ____?【NMET2003春】
A. it B. some C. this D. little
1. Is ____ necessary to tell his father everything？【1987】
A. it B. that C. whatD. this
2. Is ____ possible to fly to the moon in a spaceship？【1988】
A. now B. man C. that D. it
3. Is ____ necessary to complete the design before National Day？【1989】
A. this B. that C. it D. he
4. I don't think ____ possible to master a foreign language without much memory work. 【1990】
A. this B. that C. its D. it
5. Does ____ matter if he can't finish the job on time？ 【1991】
A. this B. that C. he D. it
6. I was disappointed with the film. I had expected ____ to be much better. 【1993】
A. that B. this C. one D. it
7. ____ is a fact that English is being accepted as an international language. 【1995】
A. There B. This C. ThatD. It
8. I hate ________ when people talk with their mouths full. 【1998】
A. it B. that C. these D. them
9. Come and see me whenever ____. 【京2003】
A. you are convenient B. you will be convenient
C. it is convenient to you D. it will be convenient to you
1. Was it during the Second World War ____ he died？ 【1988】
A. that B. while C. in which D. then
2. It was not ____ she took off her dark glasses ____ I realized she was a famous film star. 【1992】
A. when；that B. until；that C. until；when D. when；then
3. It was not until 1920 ____ regular radio broadcasts began. 【1995】
A. while B. whichC. that D. since
4. It was about 600 years ago ____ the first clock with a face and an hour hand was made. 【1997】
A. that B. until C. beforeD. when
5. It was only when I reread his poems recently ________ I began to appreciate their beauty. 【1998】
A. until B. that C. then D. so
6. It is the ability to do the job ____ matters not where you come from or what you are. 【2000】
A. one B. that C. what D. it
1. —Excuse me，I want to have my watch fixed，but I cant’ find a repair shop.
—I know ____ nearby. Come on，I’ll show you.
A. one B. it C. some D. that
2. The culture customs of America are very much like ____ of England.
A. that B. what C. which D. those
3. Talking about buying cars，I prefer a car less than 10，000 RMB to ____ over the amount.
A. this B. one C. it D. that
4. The high quality of our shirts makes ____ different from ____ made in other factories.
A. it; thatB. them; those C. us; those D. that; those
5. The graying of America has made us a very different society—____ in which people have a quite different idea of what kind of behavior is suitable.
A. that B. the one C. it D. one
6. —How about the price of these washing machines?
—They are at least equal in price to，if not cheaper than，____ at other stores.
A. others B. ones C. that D. those
7. In Britain there are people whose family background，education，political opinions，etc，are different from____ of most working-class people.
A. those B. ones C. that D. these
8. —I’m looking for a house. I’d like____ with a big garden.
—Yes，madam. We’ve several of this kind.
A. that B. it C. this D. one
9. President Andrew Jackson was a controversial figure in his own day and ____ ever since.
A. is one B. was C. has been one D. had been one
10. —Can I help you?
—I’d like to buy a present for my cousin，____ at a proper price but of great use.
A. one B. it C. that D. which
11. The best job is ____ which uses your skill in doing something together with your interest in the subject.
A. something B. the one C. one D. it
12. No bread eaten by man is so sweet as____ earned by his own labour.
A. one B. what C. such D. that
13. —There must be a dozen pens in this house but I can never find one when I need one.
—Keep looking. ____ is sure to turn up.
A. One B. It C. That D. This
14. Ms Claire is a strict but kind teacher，____ who，usually，____ her students.
A. ones; are liked by B. one; are liked by
C. ones; is popular among D. one; is popular with
15. Is this house ____ you and your parents lived in the year before last?
A. which B. that C. the one D. where
16. A sheep____ on this kind of special grass usually grows much faster than____ on ordinary.
A. fed; one B. feeds; the one C. fed; that D. feeding; it
17. —What can I do for you?
—I’d like to buy a present for my mother’s birthday，____ at a proper price but of great use.
A. that B. which C. one D. everything
18. A child notices a thousand times a day the difference between the language he uses and the language ____ around him use.
A. who B. which C. that D. those
19. I don’t doubt that the price of the red apples is higher than ____ of the yellow ____ in this area.
A. those; that B. that; those C. those; ones D. that; ones
20. Jack is one of those men who I am sure always do ____ best even in the most difficult situations.
A. his B. your C. their D. one’s
21. It was during the 1920’s that the friendship between the two American writers Hemingway and Fitzgerald reached____ highest point.
A. their B. its C. his D. our
22. If a student can make what has been learned____，whether in class or from social practice，he will make steady progress.
A. his own B. him C. himself D. own
23. Each man and woman must sign ____ full names before entering the exam room.
A. their B. his C. her D. one’s
24. —I need your help. Can you come this Saturday or Sunday?
—Sorry. I’m afraid ____ day is possible.
A. any B. every C. each D. neither
25. I haven’t read ____ of his books，but judging from the one I have read I think he’s a very promising writer.
A. neither B. any C. either D. none
26. —Which one can I take?
—You can take ____ of them; I’ll keep none.
A. both B. any C. either D. all
27. I asked all my teachers the same question，and they____ gave me a different answer.
A. each B. all C. every D. both
28. I am afraid we can’t have coffee; there’s____ left.
A. none B. nothingC. no D. no one
29. —Has____ of your parents visited your teacher?
A. both，neither B. either，neither C. any，either D. all，not any
30. —Do you enjoy these two novels?
—I should if____ of them was written well.
A. every B. each C. both D. any
31. —Have you got any trouble in operating the computer?
—____ to worry about. I have just finished a course in program design.
A. Nothing B. I’m afraid C. None D. Sure
32. —Have you finished all of the exercises?
—Yes，completely. ____ is left.
A. None B. Nothing C. No one D. Neither
33. —Is there anyone who is going to the Great Wall?
A. None B. No one C. No D. Not any
34. —Do you want to use the pen or the pencil?
A. Either does well B. Either one will do C. Each one is good D. Each will be fine
35. On seeing the police，the robbers ran away separately，____ carrying a bag.
A. all B. each C. who D. either
36. If you can dream____，you can do____.
A. one; it B. it; one C. one; one D. it; it
37. —Who is making so much noise in the garden?
— ____ the children.
A. It is B. They are C. That isD. There are
38. —Is it my age____ the boss minds?
—I’m afraid not. He will consider____ necessary to have an experienced assistant.
A. which; it B. that; itC. which; that D. that; that
39. ____ needs further discussion to decide whether we will____ the war operation.
A. It，join in B. This，take part in C. That，join D. There，attend
40. I took ____ that they would apologize for what they had done to the picture.
A. it seriously B. it wrong C. into consideration D. it for granted
41. Why don’t you bring ____ to his attention that you are too busy to do it?
A. this B. what C. that D. it
42. Last month the value of US dollars rose more sharply than ____ of British pounds.
A. it B. that C. one D. those
43. Why is ____ you are so late for the class?
A. it that B. that it C. it D. that
44. When I try to understand ____ that prevents so many Americans from being as happy as one might expect，it seems to me that there are two causes.
A. what it is B. what it does C. why it does D. why it is
45. —Were all the people in the car injured in the accident?
—No，____ only the two passengers who got hurt.
A. it were B. there was C. there is D. it was
46. Because the first pair of trousers did not fit properly，he asked for ____.
A. another trousers B. others trousers C. the others once D. another pair
47. Bill bought three books，____ in Japanese，____ in French and ____ in Chinese.
A. the first; the other; the third B. one; the other; a third
C. one; another; the third D. one; the other; another
48. —The party we had last week was a lot of fun.
—So let’s have ____ next week.
A. the one B. the other one C. another one D. other one
49. When all people of the world are of one heart，____ becomes easy.
A. something B. each thing C. nothingD. everything
50. —Do you live ____ near Jim?
—No，he lives in another part of the town.
A. somewhere B. nowhere C. anywhere D. everywhere
51. The medicine is on sale ____. You can get it at any Chemist’s.
A. anywhere B. somewhere C. everywhere D. nowhere
52. Nowadays everything strange is ____ strange. That is to say，any unexpected thing is possible to happen.
A. something B. anything C. nothingD. everything
53. Help will come form the UN，but the aid will be ____ near what is needed.
A. everywhere B. somewhere C. anywhere D. nowhere
54. —What kind of food would you like to eat?
—____ but Japanese.
—How about Korean，then?
A. Anything B. Something C. Everything D. Nothing
55. The man has lived in the small town for 20 years. So he knows ____ who is ____ there.
A. somebody；nobody B. everybody；anybody
C. nobody；everybody D. anybody；everybody
56. —Who did you find in the room?
A. None B. Not C. No D. Nobody
57. Students should be encouraged to finish their homework ____.
A. of themselves B. of their own C. for their own D. on their own
58. —When shall we unite again?
—Make it ____ day you like; it’s all the same to me.
A. one B. any C. some D. another
59. —You know Mr Green has been ill for days?
—Yes，I wonder if he is ____ better now.
A. some B. much C. any D. no
60. Haven’t you got____ friends in Paris? I feel sure you did mention them once.
A. any B. no C. some D. lots
61. Never have I seen ____ little fish. There are ____ fish that I don’t know how to give them to all the people.
A. such; so few B. so; such few C. such; such little D. so; so little
62. As I was just getting familiar with this job，I had ____ to ask my boss.
A. many B. most C. more D. much
63. Although many anti-war movements have broken out throughout the world，____ said anything in favor of president Saddam，however.
A. some people B. few people C. many peopleD. any people
64. I wonder what will be left ____ the buildings in Iraq after the war. As far as I know，____ have been destroyed.
A. off; those B. of; many C. for; not a few D. for; ones
65. If tap water were as dangerous as some people think，____ would be getting sick.
A. more a lot of us B. a lot of us more C. a lot more of us D. a lot of more us
66. ____ or you will fail; ____ would be the situation you face.
A. Try hard; so B. Don’t lose heart; which
C. Go all out; such D. Keep up your courage; as
67. —I wonder if I can get a raise in salary.
—You have been paid enough. ____ do you want?
A. How much B. What more C. What else D. How much more
68. The young lady spoke so fast that I understood ____ of her speech.
A. a littleB. little C. a bit D. lot
69. For quite ____ students，their teacher’s advice is more important than ____ of their parents’.
A. few; one B. a few; that C. a little; some D. a lot; many
70. I don’t like orange juice. I like ____ fruit juice.
A. some other B. some others C. other D. one other
71. —He was almost killed once.
—When was ____?
—____was in 1988 when he was in the college.
A. that; It B. this; This C. this; ItD. that; This
72. —What do you think of the film?
—Wonderful，I think，Just as good as____ of the films，we’ve seen.
A. any B. anotherC. that D. one
73. Animals do not“talk”with words. They use smells，sounds and movements to communicate with____ animal.
A. any other B. anotherC. each other D. the other
74. Some of this food came from Japan. How about ____?
A. the others B. the restC. another D. the other
75. —How do you find the football match?
—Wonderful，I think. Just as fine as____ of the matches we’ve seen.
A. one B. another C. some D. any
76. Not____ present expressed their satisfaction with the new decision，but it was made at last.
A. most B. any C. one D. all
77. ____ and fond of watching TV after supper，but ____ prefer to go out.
A. I and my family; he and his family B. My family and I; his family and he
C. I and my family; his family and he D. My family and I; he and his family
不定代词：BCCBB AADCA BCDBA DBAAC CCCAB BAB
能力过关检测： ADBBD DADCA CDADC ACDDC BAADC DAABB
CABBB DABAD DBAAD DCCDA CCDAB DDBCC
ADBBC CDBBA AACBD DD