第 四 章 数 词
1、整数：从右至左分节表示，每三位一节，第二节第一位数为thousand，第三节第一位数为million; 第四节第一位数为billion。如1，234，567，890读作 one billion，two hundred thirty-four million，five hundred sixty-seven thousand，eight hundred and ninety
2、小数：小数点前按整数方式读，小数点后一位一位地读。如12，345. 6789 读作twelve thousand three hundred forty-five point six seven eight nine
3、分数：分子基数词，分母序数词，分子大于“1”，分母加“-s”。如： 2/5读作two fifths; 3/10读作three tenths; 1/5读作a (one) fifth。特殊表示：1/2: a half; 1/4: a quarter; 1%: one percent (per cent); 20%: twenty percent
1、常用基数词表示顺序，或较长顺序。如：Page 124：第124页; Room 310：310房间；Telephone Number 4222793：电话号码2793；Lesson 1：第一课；Bus No. 10：第10路公共汽车；No. 1 Middle school第一中学
2、序数词表示顺序。如：the first lesson=Lesson 1第一课
四、倍数表示法：用twice表示两倍，两倍以上用“基数词 + times”表示。有三种句型结构：①……times the…of；②……times＋比较级＋than；③……times＋as…as，注意句型之间的转换。如：
Their school is three times as big as ours.
=Their school is three times the size of ours.
=Their school is twice bigger than ours.他们的学校比我们的大两倍。
I have three times as many books as he.我的书是他的三倍。
The dress costs three times as much as that one.这件衣服的价钱是那件衣服的三倍。
The price sounds reasonable，I would gladly have paid three times more than he asked. 价格听起来很合理，我很愿意按他喊价的四倍付钱。
I have twice as many pictures as he.我的图画是他的两倍多。
（1）数词+单数+名词，用来表示确切数目。如：five hundred dollars五佰美元
（2）复数+of，用来表示笼统的数目：hundreds/thousands/millions of; thousands and millions of; tens of thousands of
I want to buy three dozen eggs. 我要买三打鸡蛋。
There were scores/dozens of eggs in the basket. 篮子里有许多鸡蛋。
The teacher bought two dozen of these copybooks for his pupils. 老师给他的学生买来了两打这样习字帖。
a score of=scores of二十来个、很多；
two score of people 四十来人；
three score and ten people七十人；
some dozen people 一打左右的人；
scores of people许多人
in the 1990s/1990’s 在二十世纪九十年代；
in his twenties在他二十几岁时
a five-year-old boy=a boy of five一个五岁的男孩；
a four-hundred-word composition=a composition with 400 words一篇四百字的作文；
an 80-foot-high tower=a tower 80 feet high一座八十英尺高的塔
2 + 3 = 5 Two plus three is / makes /equals / is equal to five.
8 – 3 = 5 Eight minus three is five.
3×3 = 9 Three times three is nine.
8÷2 = 4 Eight divided by two is four.
问句：2 + 3 =? How much is two plus three?
2、除年月日外，在一个句子中，数字要么全用阿拉伯数字表示，要么全用数字表示，不要混合使用。如：I am 24 and my sister is sixteen. （×）
Two hundred and sixty people were killed during the battle. 260个人在战争中遇害。
Two were late yesterday. 昨天有两个人迟到。（主语）
The second is bigger than the first. 第2个比第1个大。（主语）
I’m eighteen. 我十八岁。（表语）
He was the first to arrive here. 他是第一个到达这里的。（表语）
Give me four. 给我4个。（宾语）
I like the fourth. 我喜欢第四个。（宾语）
We have six subjects this term. 这个学期我们有6门功课。（定语）
The sixth blind man went forward to feel the elephant. 第六个盲人走上前去摸大象。（定语）
We two have been to Beijing. 我们俩去过北京。（主语同位语）
I want the big one，the first on the right. 我要那个大的，右边第一个。（宾语同位语）
1. We are going to learn ____ next week. 【1982】
A. Lesson Twelve B. Lesson Twelfth
C. Twelfth Lesson D. The Lesson Twelfth
2. About ____ of the workers in that steel works are young people. 【1983】
A. third-fifths B. three-fifths C. three-fives D. three-fifth
3. The farmer has raised ____ of ____ of ____ on his farm. 【1985】
A. hundred; head; cattle B. hundreds; head; cattle
C. hundred; heads; cattle D. hundreds; heads; cattles
4. Two ____ died of cold last winter. 【1988】
A. hundreds old people B. hundred old people
C. hundreds old peoples D. hundred old peoples
5. The hero of the story is an artist in his ____ . 【1991】
A. thirtieth B. thirty C. thirty'sD. thirties
6. Shortly after the accident，two ____ police were sent to the spot to keep order. 【1992】
A. dozen of B. dozens C. dozen D. dozens of
7. He did it ____ it took me. 【京2003】
A. one-third a time B. one-third time C. the one-third time D. one-third the time
1. He is a student of ____.
A. Class Second B. the Class Two C. Class Two D. Second Class
2. He wrote a ____ composition.
A. two-thousand-words B. two-thousand-word
C. two-thousands-word D. two-thousands-words
3. About ____ of the workers in that steel works are young people.
A. third-fifths B. three-fifths C. three-fives D. three-fifth
4. He began to write poems in his ____.
A. thirtiethB. thirty C. thirty’s D. thirties
5. —When is your birthday?
—It’s on Saturday____.
A. third March B. the third of March
C. three March D. the three of March
6. ____ of the students in our class are from the south.
A. Two-nineth B. Two-ninth C. Two-ninths D. Two-nineths
7. I’ve told him ____.
A. a hundred time B. hundred times
C. hundred of times D. hundreds of times
8. They have been in the reading-room since ____.
A. a long time B. it had been open C. eight o’clock D. two hours
9. I’ll never give up not even on ____ try.
A. the 1,000 or 10,000 B. the 1,000 and 10,000
C. the 1,000th or 10,000th D. the 1,000th and 10,000th
10. Do you know when ____ broke out?
A. Second World War B. the Second World War
C. World War Second D. the World War Two
11. The price was reduced ____.
A. by 20 percents B. by 20 percent C. by percent of 20 D. on 20 percent
12. This map is ____ small as that one.
A. half as B. as half C. two-ninth as D. two as
13. Ask him to give me ____.
A. the twoB. the second C. the two one D. the second one
14. By 8:00，____ people had arrived，after a while ____ got there.
A. forty; forty-first B. eight; ninth
C. eleven; a twelfth D. nineteen; a twenty
15. There will be more than 3 ____ students taking part in the sports meet.
A. hundred B. hundreds C. hundreds of D. hundred of
16. ____ of the magazines ____ borrowed from the reading-room.
A. Two-five; is B. Two-fifth; is C. Two-fifths; are D. Two-fifths; is
17. A nucleus（原子核） is about ____ of an atom（原子）.
A. one million the size B. one millionth the size
C. one million of D. a million of
18. 9 ____ 3 is three.
A. divides by B. divided by C. is divided by D. divided into
19. You’ll get ____ going and none will be left at home.
A. three of them B. three them C. the three of them D. some of them
20. Flight BA 123 to Vienna is now boarding at ____.
A. Gate 21B. 21st Gate C. the Gate 21 D. 21 Gate
21. Bill bought three books，____ in Japanese，____ in French and ____ in Chinese.
A. the first; the other; the thirdB. one; the other; a third
C. one; another; the third D. one; the other; another
22. According to a new survey，unemployment was at 6. 2%，half that in France，____ Germany.
A. a third fewer thanB. third less than
C. a third less than D. a third under
23. He failed once. Then he tried____ time.
A. two B. the second C. a second D. seconds
24. My father served in the army in ____ when he was in____.
A. 1950’s; twenties B. the 1950’s; his twenties
C. the 1950’s; the twenties D. 1950’s; the twenties
25. You can’t imagine that rats eat 40 to 50 times ____.
A. in weight B. by weight C. of weight D. their weight
能力过关检测：CBBDB CDCCB BADCA CBBCA CDCBD